|Web-Marker - Mark web pages and tell the world about it
||[Jun. 11th, 2006|10:32 pm]
Thanks to all who responded to my LiveURLs love post. We've decided not to worry about the name of the URLs. They will remain LiveURLs. We are coming out with the first application based on LiveURLs. It is called Web-Marker, your marker pen for the web. Thanks a ton mewpsych for the name. We owe you a treat. Toufeeq has a post on it here.
So what does Web-Marker let you do?
Web-Marker was first demo-ed at the www2006. It was received very well and we got some really good suggestions and use cases. More on that in another post.
- You can mark portions of a document (when you mark, you get to see the markings)
- Multiple non-contiguous marks are supported. This was the first feature that everyone requested when we released LiveURLs. More markings mean longer LiveURLs (we are working to shorten it :))
- You can bookmark the marked document or copy the link to the marked document to the clipboard.
- You can navigate between marks on a page.
- You can clear all/individual marks from a document.
Web-Marker was approved by Firefox addons today and is available here. Play around with it and leave your suggestions as comments at Web-Marker's homepage. You could also leave your rating of the extension at the site. It helps in evaluating the extension and is a good source of feedback for us. Also report any bugs you find at the mozdev bugs page.
- It does not support URLs generated with the LiveURLs extension.
- You would have to uninstall the LiveURLs extension for Web-Marker to work.